Medical Emergencies Course for GP Practices
Orchard Training Services is a specialist provider of CPR and medical emergencies courses for GP practices. Often in practices the doctors are relied on to know how to assess and manage a critically ill patient whilst waiting for help. However, these are important clinical skills to update and that is where this course can help.
In our medical emergencies course we ensure that the whole team is updated on how to recognise someone who is critically unwell and what to do. Helen is used to educating mixed groups and is able to offer this training to the whole team or just the clinical staff on your site at a time convenient to you and your team. This course can also be combined with our resuscitation course to meet all your training requirements.
During the medical emergencies course we cover:-
- how to assess and manage an unwell adult using the ABCDE approach
- the recognition and treatment of anaphylaxis
- the recognition and treatment of choking
- the recognition and treatment of acute asthma
- the recognition and treatment of a heart attack
- the recognition and treatment of sepsis
- the recognition and treatment of hypoglycaemia
- the recognition and treatment of epileptic fits
- how to put someone in the recovery position
- general first aid for external bleeding
The majority of our customers combine this course with our resuscitation (CPR) course to meet all their CPD requirements and our defibrillator training. Further details of the training required by GP practice staff and the equipment required can be found here. Helen is also suitably qualified to act as your Resuscitation Officer.
Do you need medical emergency training?
Would you like to discuss your training needs? Click the button to get in touch.