Level 2 Safeguarding Children training for Dental teams
We offer level 2 Safeguarding Children training. This is in line with the core competencies of the Intercollegiate document. In April 2015 the GDC added Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adult training to the recommended list of CPD topics.
The General Dental Council (GDC) has confirmed that ‘safeguarding children and young people’ and ‘safeguarding vulnerable adults’ are to be included as recommended continuing professional development (CPD) topics for dental professionals.
The course we offer is aimed at all clinical and non-clinical staff who have contact with children, young people and parents/carers; which makes it ideal for Dental teams. The course will be delivered by Danny Williams and you can read his profile here.
Topics will include:-
- Recognising potential indicators and signs of abuse or maltreatment
- Knowledge of the categories of abuse
- Knowledge of key legislation and acts within guidance
- Knowledge of reporting procedures and documentation
- Clear about own and colleagues’ responsibilities, professional boundaries and the sharing of information
- Recognises the impact of a parent’s/carer’s mental and physical health on the health and well-being of a child
We are pleased to be able to offer this training as a 2 hour ‘lunch and learn’ in your own premises, however, if you prefer a different time we will accommodate you. For further details and to book, or if you require level 1 or level 3 training, please get in touch.
Information on the Vulnerable adults training can be found here…